Friday, February 19, 2010

Snowballs to Blooms ~

...or trash to inspirational beauty!

Anthropologie always delivers fresh visual inspiration ~ during the holidays they did huge snowballs made of paper & plastic


an ostrich made from rolled up book pages


It was a magical scene...but now the snowballs have melted and the whole store is in bloom!


At first I was surprised by all the plastic ~ then upon closer inspection, realized they are made from plastic bottles {genius,} and sprayed the most delicious Spring hues! The bike wheels add the perfect bit of whimsy

if you're in need of an inspirational lift ~ head out to your nearest mall...

We got more snow this week, and woke to a few flakes falling this morning ~ but Spring is definitely starting to melt Winter away ~ hooray!

If you'd like to create your own (you likely can figure it out yourself,) I found this little visual ~ here

xo Heidi

P.S. And please recycle ~ our planet needs your help!

Credit - Last photo - taken from web, sorry I forgot from where

6 comments:

Birds of a Feather said...

Oh, and have you seen all the new colors spray paint comes in these days ~ it's amazing! But, not so eco-friendly...recycle those empty cans! xo

Tristan Robin said...

What fabulous ideas! - the rolled-page-ostrich is just brilliant!

I'm not really a plastic bottle flower kind of person - but I would love to visit somebody else's home who had made these and decorated with them - they're so cheerful and fun.

Natalie said...

All of it - gorgeous!! Let me guess - Anthropologie windows?? :) My most favorite store at the mall. Adore your blog. xo

Eileen @ Star's Fault said...

Oh, I was in Anthro several weeks ago in Seattle, and noticed the plastic bottle "flowers". Goodness, I love going into that store. I just wish I could live there... !

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault

Jennifer Hayslip said...

I LOVE Anthro! I was in NYC over Christmas and the Anthro near Rockefeller had the most stunning displays. Everything was made with paper! So neat! Thanks for sharing the gorgeous visuals! Stay warm!!! XOXO,Jenn

Mitzi Curi said...

Those people at Anthropologie are just too clever! I love the piles of plastic flowers, and I'm thinking I might be able to make those myself.