Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Marie's shoe ~

I have cute shoe envy...

My feet are more of the evil stepsister variety - 8.5 wide. Basically relegated to clogs and other clunky looking shoes ~ sigh. Don't get me wrong, I do love clogs, I just wish I could squeeze my foot into something prettier once in a while. Maybe that's why I signed up to do an altered shoe in my Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group.

When I was creating, I couldn't help but think about her country home, that she loved.

A simple life free from the demands, loneliness, and drama of the Palace

With it's cutting gardens filled with vintage roses . . .

Reminder ~ Just one more day to join this month's Giveaway Challenge!

Marie Antoinette show photo by Hannah Karina

12 comments:

The Gathering Room said...

..those pretty shoes hurt my gouty toes and torture my heel spurs! LOL..I can't wear them either.
Now this one might pretty shoe...nice job!!

paperbird said...

I have cute shoe envy as well.
When I was eight years old a shoe sales men told me I had duck feet- sadly it is true and I have always envied those who could slip their slim feet into such stylish pretty shoes!

Tristan Robin said...

that is just exquisite! now I wish I had joined up for that swap! LOL

Creative Life Diary said...

Oh my goodness....This is just stunning. Beautiful as always!!

Linda said...

That is just the cutest altered shoe ever.
Cheers Linda

Jen**SugaredSongbird** said...

Lovely shoe! I wonder what size shoe she truly wore, and if she ever got blisters from the heels!

SugarMoon said...

how inspiring these photos are! the shoes are divine--what would a pair of these set me back? and your version has me packing for the craft store.

Anonymous said...

Love your shoe creation. I can totally relate to your pretty shoe, uncooperative foot problem. I have a small foot that is square (even toes) with a very high arch, we call them flintstone feet in my family (thanks Dad). Have a great weekend.
jj

gail said...

Hi,,, I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I love your Marie shoe.. Its just beautiful. Your blog is gorgeous.

Happy Creating, gail

Anonymous said...

aaaaaahhhh....it would be so fun to wear shoes such as the fantastic shoes in your post! I am the other step sister...sigh!

So lovely!

Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Love your Marie shoe! What a different art creation. I have a 6.5 shoe size, but wider feet. UGH! And heels, just can't do them; but so glad for all you ladies that can!

Blessings,
Kitty

Anonymous said...

i think this shoe is stunning!happy Spring!and thanx for prompting me over to visit :)
~connie
xo