Sunday, April 04, 2010

My New Babies ~

Daisy, Pearl & Abigail (Esperanza) ~ it's a long story...

They arrived by mail tuesday, and sadly only 3 (of 5) survived the overnight trip ~ poor babies, and one looked a bit shaky, but she had water, food & nice warm heat and she came right around ~ thank goodness!

Everyone has stopped by to meet them, and the kids and their friends are giving them lots of love

The end of April I'll add to the flock from my local Agway

...just so cute!

...and so funny, already doing their chickeny things, like the backward shuffle ~ so cute I tell ya!

They weren't so interested in co-operating for the photo shoot, but they loved the moss and the decorations. They will be the hit of our Easter gathering today!

Speaking of photo shoots ~ I'll leave you with one of my favorite photos from the wee years ~

Me with my cousins, (Muntey,) and my sister (baby sister was about to be born)
Easter 1972

Hope your day is filled with joy ~

xo Heidi

16 comments:

Tania Pelletier said...

Daisy, Pearl, and Abigail are SO sweet... that's sad about the others :( I was at the post office one day when they had a box of little chicks and I wondered how well they fared.

Hope you have a Happy Easter!

Tania

Tristan Robin said...

sorry that two didn't make it. how sad.

however, these are adorable! I'm sure they'll be the hit of the Easter Parade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8AvEczTqe4

Diane Mars said...

That is such a cute Post, I sure do love that Easter Day Photo, and the babies are darling. Have a Great Easter. Hugs, Diane

The Gathering Room said...

a great photo! the chicks are adorable.. thanks for sharing this post ..I enjoyed it! sorry the others didn't make it though.

Diva Kreszl said...

they are just darling! I have been dreaming of raising some chicks for quite a while now, so I'll be following in the hopes I can learna thing or two from you :)found my way here via Bella Rosa

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

That IS the cutest thing ever! just found you from blog hopping. Have a wonderful day with your family.

Lori said...

Awe, such a cute site on Easter, baby chicks! Hope your Easter was full of wonderful new memories !
Lori

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

They are adorable! What a sweet photo op!
Happy Easter...
:)
~Becca~

Barbara said...

CONGRATS!!!! on your new additions...they are adorable!!!

Cassandra said...

Oh Heidi they are so darn CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh these are tooo cute! Hope you had a beautiful Easter!

Jennifer Hayslip said...

EEEK! They are darling Heidi!! Sweet sweet photos!! Xo,Jenn

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Oh, so sweet!

Eileen@Star'sFault said...

Love the fuzzy babies. Hubby and I used to raise chickens every year, and they were so messy-cute! Adore the way you staged them in the flower basket... just perfect!

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault

Birds of a Feather said...

Lol - oh Eileen, they're just babies and I can already see just how messy chickens are! xo

Jenn said...

the cutest babies I have seen in a while!! =) beautiful pictures of them!